Here’s how you make it. I did alter the original recipe just a tad but feel free to do her version–it’s probably pretty close.
Loaded Baked Potato Casserole
- 3 – 4 medium potatoes, scrubbed and diced (don’t peel)
- 1/2 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and crumbled
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9″ x 9″ baking pan or casserole dish. (I accidentally used a 9×13 and it worked out fine–just not as squished.)
- Spread half of the diced potatoes in bottom of pan. Place the diced chicken breasts evenly on top. Season chicken with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the bacon crumbles, 1/2 cup of the cheese, and half the onions.
- Spread the remaining diced potatoes on top, followed by another 1/2 cup cheese, remaining onions and another 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Pour heavy cream over top of casserole and then dot with the butter. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. Uncover and bake another 30 minutes. In the last few minutes of baking, sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheddar cheese and bake until melted