I get compliments on mine all the time. The thing is, I don’t have some special recipe. I use the same one that everyone else does. But somehow they always come out really soft and they stay that way for days. They don’t get hard like other ones (and they are certainly way better than the pre-packaged ones).
In case you need a quick dessert to bring somewhere this holiday season, or just want a treat for the kids (…yourself…), I’m going to share exactly how I make mine. The key, I believe is at the end.
Side note: I use generic ingredients, not the name-brand stuff. So that’s not the trick 🙂
1/4 cup butter
1 bag mini marshmallows (10 oz)
5 cups crispy rice cereal
- Melt butter in a large pot over low heat.
- Once butter is melted, add in the marshmallows.
- Stir the butter/marshmallow mix with a silicone spatula continuously until the marshmallows are melted and blended in.
- Remove from heat.
- Add in rice cereal and stir until well-mixed.
- Spray a 9×13 glass pan with the butter spray.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and spread/squish until it’s all flat and covered.
- Place cover over the dish right away and let it sit out on the counter to cool.
- Cut when you’re ready and enjoy 🙂
I think the glass pan and covering it are the tricks. I could be wrong but it seems that other people use different pans and they don’t necessarily cover it right after. So give that a try and enjoy some deliciousness!